The Nominating Committee of the Ohio Valley Chapter of ARLIS (Alison Huftalen, Head Librarian at the Toledo Museum of Art and Pam Eyerdam, Fine Arts & Special Collections Manager of the Cleveland Public Library) are seeking nominations and self-nominations for the following positions:
- Vice-Chair (for 2020) / Chair-Elect (for 2021)
- Web Editor
If you interested in nominating a colleague, or in self-nomination, please email either Alison or Pam by Nov. 11, 2019.
As you all know, ARLIS/NA is a growing, dynamic organization. The membership includes architecture and art librarians, visual resources professionals, artists, curators, educators, publishers, and others interested in visual arts information. What an exciting time to become an officer of the Ohio Valley Chapter.
As an officer, your national membership will be paid for. If your position is seeking tenure, this is a great opportunity to add this to your resume. It is also a great and low-commitment way to get involved with ARLIS. A great stepping stone for involvement at the national level as well.
More information about these positions are:
Terms of Office
- Office terms begin January 1.
- The Chair Elect shall serve the first year after election as Vice Chair, the second year as Chair, and the third year as Past Chair. Chair Elect will be responsible for organizing the Fall meeting of the Chapter.
- The office of Secretary/Treasurer shall be elected for a two-year term and maintains the financials of the chapter, keeps minutes of meetings, and will coordinate registration for the Chapter annual meeting in the fall.
- Web Editor shall maintain the Chapter website and update content as needed.
The Annual Report shall be prepared by the Chair and sent to the Chapters Liaison and Society President by December 31 for filing with ARLIS/NA headquarters. The Annual Report shall contain a review of Chapter activities, a listing of officers of the Chapter for the new calendar year (with contact information), a membership list and a financial report.
If you have any questions about the Chapter positions please contact Alison or Pam.